Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Music in Me


Last nite I put the cd titled Butterfingers Butter worth Pushful into my cd walkman and enjoyed it, suddenly all the memories of high school comes apart, the time i used to listen to MLTR and a friend of mine first introduce me to BUtterfingers.I never have a thought that butterfingers is a local act. Maybe I was naive at that time. Then my interest in music grows from then on. I also been exposed to a lot of local act at that time includes OAG,SUBCULTURE,PROJEKT AK and I even have bought one zine.Of course at that time I did buy original since there are no pirated stuff on local act especially underground at that time.Then the memories of using walkman comes in. First walkman that I bought was AIWA for RM60.I think I'd borrow money from my mom to buy this walkman. There are time when this walkman almost been caught by warden but luckily I had asked one of my buddies to bring it to his home since he got a break due to chicken pox if I’m not mistaken.

The first cassette that I bought is NOW3.I doesn’t know why I bought this cassette. I also didn’t know who is metallica,nirvana and other rock bands at that time. This is because during the primary school I used to listen to Malay bands like fotograf,mega,medicine and exists. Since I entered boarding school that i learned a lot about music.A lot of my friend used to go jamming during that time but I have no interest of playing music at that time. I didn’t join them. They used to play a lot of nirvana, metallica, butterfingers and some local bands. After PMr I think there is the existence of HITZ.fm and they're playing great great music and a lot of them are international. I starts to listen to hitz music no matter genre it is.Some of my favourite was eagle eye cherry,matchbox twenty,vertical horizon,filter and many more.I used to print lyrics and collect them since at that time the use of internet come across. During that time, my walkman has stop functioning maybe because a couple of crash and breakdown. That is the time the use of small radio named Palito comes across. The size is small and the price is affordable rm10 if i'm not mistaken. I used to listen to hitz.fm hot20 back then.AT that time many hitz music was rock not like now where most othem are hip-hop and r&b.(breaak 5 minutes to eat lunch.....)

Hmmmm....where did I stop just now...what a nice lunch..(fish curry with kicap,fried fish,spinach, spicy cuttlefish is and fried meat)Ok...basically my passion in music is universal..I can listen to every music as long as it nice and good regardless of whatever genre it is.Currently Im working on guitar lesson.Frankly,I managed to touch a guitar when first a friend of mine brought it in MAy2002 if Im not mistaken..I was very afraid with guitar.I dont know why.Then I starts playing by learning simple chord,reading tablature and playing simple chord.Then I bought my own guitar in SEpt 2003.It was KApok brand and priced for rm80.The hardest lesson in guitar I think is to tune it up.I managed to master the tuning only after 2 years.Hopefully my target is I can play songs without knowing the chord.If I can recognize the chord from the sound itself, it is good enough for me.Currently I still depending on the tablature on the Internet in order for me to play songs.I think that concludes my writings for today...what a long post........until next time