Friday, January 13, 2006

Job Interview

This is my 1st time of such experience of job interview.Before this I only had one experience of interview regarding the JPA scholarship.So, the interview is at Golden Hope Plantation Berhad.Initially I had no intention to apply for the position.A friend of mine who just work there for about a week said that their department is looking for staff.So, I said why not try, for the sake of gaining the experience of job interview.So before the session I prepared a little by reading newspapers,company backgrounds and so on.I also searched on the tips and hints on attending interview and found out that the Lowyat.Net forum was really useful.A day before the interview I met my friend that work there to get some hints on the interview.Then the night before I slept quite late at 2am because I didn't prepare any cover letter so I had to go to cyber cafe at 12 midnite to prepare one.Luckily the template from Graduan website simply do the trick.

Then the day of interview I woke up as early as 6am.I left Ar's home at 7.15am and arrived at the PNB tower an hour later.There I met another friend of mine whose also attending the interview session.Soon as we arrived at level 19 we contacted Amin and he guided us to the Department.We had to fill the form and then me as the lucky number one for the session.The panel consist of two person, A Lady and A Man.The interview takes about half an hour.I had anticipated very much of the question such as "Tell me 'bout yourself","Were you involved in leadership role" and much more standard question during interview.I think I did OK for the interview.