Tuesday, April 19, 2005

GOOD MORNING

Dear avid readers,It 6.52am in the morning and usually at this time I should buckle up and ready for work..but don't worry.. It is a public holiday here in Perak because it is the birthday of our Sultan.Although it is a holiday,I can't help myself from woke up early in the morning,it is becoming a habit..a good habit in a way..

Let's talk a lil' bit about work.April is the most hectic month of all month..This is because we have a lot of personal tax case to be done by 30th April.Furthermore the IRB is implementing a new system,the Sistem Taksiran Sendiri..When doing tax I have a encountered a lot of people with different financial background.

It actually makes me thinking that,if we want to be rich it is nearly impossible if we depends only on employment.It is either by doing business or involve in the investment in quoted shares.As for me,I am quite a risk-averse person,thus this 2 sector is very much not suitable for me..But somehow I have to change this attitude if I want to drive big car,live in big house and travel around the world.

I don't know if the above statement makes me look like a materialistic person,but I personally think that everyone has the same dream of being rich.However being rich is not everything in this world.

At the office two new ahmoi came in to do practical training and they were from UUM.So the office is now packed with people with every seat fully booked.The boss even have to buy a new table.As for me I have about one more month to go.I really appreciate my time here although the workload is damn a lot.Here I have a chance to meet the former practical trainee whose currently working at KPMG.I actually use the opportunity to ask her a lot of questions with regards to the career in the accounting professions,some interview tips and a lot more.

But somehow it is not relevant for me,as I have to serve the government for the next six years as part of the contract.I only be free to go private by 30 years old.It is quite old already to enjoy.

Yesterday,Black called me and we chatted a lot about work.From what i heard theyn are having a hard time there as they have do do overtime until the midllle of the night.Even worse another friend is doing overtime until 5 in the morning.I was lucky that the firm does not require us to do overtime.But the sure thing is, their resume will look great with experience of working in the Big 4 audit firm.

By end of this week I was thinking of travelling to Kl to accompany Epoy to build his super pc.Hopefully it is a super pc,with a budget of nearly Rm4000.He opted to go 17 inch Lcd,and Amd64 system.If there is no problem coming,we will go by car on Wednesday after work and I have to apply for a leave on Friday.

I'll stop here to get some breakfast.Until next time.Choy Kin.........